Artichokes, Asian greens, beetroot, beans (broad, butter, green), broccoli, broccolini, Brussels sprout, cabbages, carrot, cauliflower, chard (rainbow, Swiss), cucumbers, garlic, herbs, kale, leeks, lettuces, mesclun, micro greens, mushrooms, onions (brown, Spanish, spring), peas (snow, sugar snap), parsnip, potatoes (Kennebec, Dutch Cream, Up-to-Date, Pink Eye, Pontiac), pumpkin, radish, rhubarb, rocket, silver beet, spinach, swede, tomatoes, turnip, zucchini
Apples (Gravenstein, Lady in the Snow, Royal Gala, Fuji), pears (Packham, Williams), raspberry, strawberry
Other Australian produce
Asparagus, beanshoots, capsicums, celeriac, eggplant, kohlrabi, okra, shallot, sweetcorn, witlof
Banana, figs, grapes, guava, lime, mandarins, melons (honeydew, rockmelon, watermelon), nashi pears, nectarines, oranges (Valencia), passionfruit, peaches, plums, pomegranate, quince. Also: nuts (almonds, chestnuts, hazelnuts, pistachio)
Please note: there may be some variation based on local market availability
Recipe: Broad Bean Dip
An easy, tasty and nutritious dip with the goodness of green! It can be used as a spread for wraps and rolls as well, or dolloped onto steamed vegetables
- 250g broad beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 30g ricotta cheese, reduced fat
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 large wholemeal flat bread toasted
- Cook the broad beans in a saucepan of boiling water for three minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water and drain well. Remove the skins and discard.
- Place the broad beans, oil, ricotta cheese, fresh basil leaves, garlic and lemon juice in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and season with freshly grated black pepper.
Serve with toasted flat bread.
Recipe adapted from ABC Health & Wellbeing